Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving Day by George

Someones in the kitchen with momma!






Checking moms blog!







Where is The Food Network when you need them?





Racing on ps.



Pa Pa James and his youngins.








apple pie





apple dumplings





The day is almost gone now. I have cooked, I have eaten, I have cooked, I have eaten, and I'm so full I could pop right now! Just being honest for a second. The best thing about today was our family being home and together. I had put Mr. Turkey in the oven last night before I went to bed, so that job was finished when I got up this morning. I had made lots of tea and a grape salad yesterday as well. So, when my feet hit the floor this morning, I began putting all of the other food for the day together. My bunch came to the kitchen and asked what they could do, so I put them all three to work. We had some sadness today. The phone rang this morning and we got the news that one of our church members mothers passed away this morning, and then my mother called and said she was running a fever so she wasn't going to come. I was a bit disappointed, but I know she couldn't help it. My daddy came and we enjoyed eating our meal with him. I have so much to be thankful for; I could never think to name everything, but I'm sooo overwhelmed at how God just keeps blessing and blessing me, and He keeps teaching me and guiding me each day. If you've read my blog at all, you know I'm wild about my family and friends, and that I'm thankful for salvation through the blood of Jesus, and I'm thankful for my church, nature, and little things. I pray you all had a day of joy and that you just took a bit of time to reflect on how good God is. Happy Thanksgiving 2008.

2 comments:

Samuel Gable said...

Y'all are amazing peopple

Anonymous said...

Hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I can't wait to see y'all at the next cross country practice!!

~Hannnah~