Saturday, November 1, 2008

THANKS-LIVING, PIC.1

When we moved to the parsonage 4 years ago, we decided to paint the rooms to suit our personalities, etc. When I was looking for border for the front bathroom, I saw this and fell in love with it. I was a bit upset about moving, so I was trying to decorate in ways that would be cheerful, homey, and happy. The outhouse border was perfect! I still get so tickled sometimes when I'm in the bathroom. This particular house is my favorite. Notice the feet!

So, my THANKS-LIVING point to this pic. is this:
I'm thankful for a sense of humor.
I'm also thankful for indoor plumbing!!!
A friend gave me the Outhouse pic's. Too cute!


This dresser is also in the front bathroom. The bathroom is quite roomy! It holds our bed linens. The dresser belonged to my Grandmother Claudie. I don't know how old the dresser is; I'm sure it's at least 50 years old, and I really think it's older than that. Anyway.... I placed pic's of my grandparents and Scot's grandparents on a doily that either my Grandmother Hazel or Aunt Flora made. I also have a lamp on there that I burn constantly, but I turned it off due to the glare. This is my other THANKS-LIVING moment of the day. I have a goodly heritage! I know I should only choose one thing a day, but how can I? So much to be thankful for.




I have a hat box in the floor. It holds special rocks that we gathered one day at the creek on Gordons Farm. It holds memories of our wading and rock searching, and just being together. There's another THANKS-LIVING moment: togetherness! See, those precious moments just keep popping up everywhere.


No comments: