Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'd Rather Have Jesus

This song is Noelle's favorite. It comes to my mind today. Enjoy. Let the words soak into your heart.

I'd Rather Have Jesus

1st Verse
I'd rather have Jesus than silver or gold;
I'd rather be His than have riches untold;
I'd rather have Jesus than houses and lands.
I'd rather be led by his nail-pierced hand.

Chorus:
Than to be the king of a vast domain or be held in sin's dread sway;
I'd rather have Jesus than anything This world affords today.

2nd verse
I'd rather have Jesus than men's applause,
I'd rather be faithful to His dear cause;
I'd rather have Jesus than world-wife fame.
I'd rather be true to His holy name.

3rd verse
He's fairer than lilies of rarest bloom;
He's sweeter than honey from out the comb;
He's all that my hungering spirit needs.
I'd rather have Jesus and let Him lead.

(Mrs. Rhea F. Miller, George B. Shea)

No comments: