Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKS-LIVING DAY 26

Do you know what today is??? It's THANKSGIVING EVE and I'm soooo excited! I went grocery shopping yesterday afternoon for everything I will need for tomorrow, so I'm set, all except for the actual cooking of the meal. My menu is in stone now. Here it is:

Turkey
Dressing (we prefer chicken dressing)
Cranberry sauce
Candied sweet potatoes
Corn
Creamed Potatoes (especially for Cale)
Peas (purple hull & english)
Cole slaw
Corn bread
Rolls
Grape Salad
Apple Pie (requested by Noelle)
Apple Dumplings (requested by Scot & Cale)

And I say... YUM-YUM!

I am posting two of the recipes I will prepare tomorrow. You might enjoy making these sometime for your family. The apple dumpling recipe was posted at an earlier date. Just click on recipes at my side bar. By the way.... Happy Thanksgiving Eve By George!

Grape Salad
5 cups seedless grapes
1 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 8 oz. sour cream
1 cup conf. sugar
Cream sour cream, cream cheese, and sugar. Stir in grapes until coated.
Pour in bowl or oblong dish.
Topping
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
Mix topping ingred. together and sprinkle over the grape
mixture. Chill and serve!
***********************
Fresh Apple Pie
(this is my mothers recipe)
2 cups finely chopped apples
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 unbaked pie shell
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 egg, beaten
1 stick margerine, melted
Mix apples and allspice together and place in unbaked pie shell.
Combine sugar and flour, stir in beaten egg and margerine.
Pour over apples and bake at 325 for 1 hour.

No comments: