Wednesday, November 12, 2008

THANKS-LIVING PIC. 12


Each and every year on November 12th, I think of my Pastor from New Bethel, Bro. Charles Green. In his messages time and time again, he'd tell about the November 12th that he got saved. He told it each time like it was the first, cause it was still so real to him. Bro. Green bares the marks of a man that fought God and his family. He would tell us about Gladys Ann and Roger Joe (his wife and son) going to church and asking him to go with them, but he would be headed to a baseball game. He got hurt one day at a game and was in the hospital for many days and nights flat of his back. He begged God to let him feel His convicting power, but no conviction came. Bro. Green thought he was dying and wanted to get saved, but as you know, we can't get saved until the Spirit is drawing us. He did make it out of the hospital alive, and he told about getting his brother in law to take him to every revival, etc. around hoping that Gods Spirit would convict his heart, but nothing happened for a while. Then, one day, November 12th, the Holy Spirit convicted him and drew him and he got saved. If we heard that story once, we heard it a thousand times, but I never tired of hearing it. Bro. Green's soul was fixed, but his leg and foot would never be the same again. He would tell us how important it was for us to get right with God the first time God dealt with us and how vital it was to not put God off and to accept His great salvation at an early age and before God had to get our attention. Bro. Green was a great man of God, a wonderful pastor. He cared about his flock unlike any pastor I've ever seen. As a pastors wife, I just don't see how in the world he made all the calls and visits he made. He was always there for all of us. I can just hear him when I'd call his house, if he answered, he'd say "Bro. Green." I miss him and Gladys Ann. I thank God for the example they were to us. Scot and I learned alot from them. So, today, Nov. 12th, Happy Saved By Grace Birthday to Bro. Charles Green.




Thank God for the preacher who told me of Jesus



For I'd be a beggar if not for His grace



Lord, help me show others Your love and your mercy.



Make my life a witness to others I pray.






In a little white church, at an old fashioned altar



A prayer for God's mercy was heard



Though his sins were many and his burdens heavy



He took the Lord at His word



The angels rejoiced as his sins were forgiven



Shouts filled the temple that day



I will never get over that trip to the altar



For I was that sinner who prayed.


From THANK GOD FOR THE PREACHER, BY GERALD AND JASON CRABB

********************************************************


How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

Romans 10:14-15

No comments: