Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Thanks-Living, Day 4, Continue On

Today is the day we have heard about, talked about, and hopefully prayed about for months now. (feels like years) I posted yesterday about how burdened I was over this election. I kept a prayer on my heart all day, got up with a prayer on my heart this morning, and God has given me peace. And I am so thankful for His Peace! Here is my Thanks-living moment for todays post: For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. II Tim. 1:7

...for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. II Tim. 1:12b

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust therof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever. I John 2:15-17

I find comfort this morning in Gods Word. No matter who my president is, I am a blood-bought child of God. Blood bought my freedom on an old rugged cross a long time ago. I accepted that blood as my sacrifice almost 30 years ago. I am not of this world; I'm just a pilgrim passing through. My joy and my peace does not come from this world; it comes from a higher source.
I do care about and love America, but I've come to the conclusion, that no matter what others do, I want to be found faithful, I want to continue in the old paths (Jeremiah 6:16), Not for my salvation, but BECAUSE of my salvation. God gave his very best for me; my desire is to keep on keeping on and do my very best for Him. As I was reading in II Tim. this morning, in verse 14 of chapter 3, the word "Continue" stands out to me. I looked 'continue' up in the dictionary:
to maintain without interruption a condition, course, or action. To ramain in existence: Endure.
Stay. Prolong. Retain. Abide. Persist. It applies to a process going on without ending.
So dear friend, I want to Continue on for God no matter what the circumstances are around me, not matter who continues or continues not. Today, I am very thankful for my country, I am thankful for my freedom to vote, to worship; I am thankful for all the leaders we've had in the past, for the men who have fought, suffered, and died that I might be free. When I see Old Glory waving her proud colors of red, white, and blue; my heart beats a bit faster and harder. I know there has been a great cost through the years that I might be free. There also was a battle won long ago at Calvary when my Lord suffered and bled and died that I might be free from sin. But for the blood of Jesus, I would be hopeless, I would be in sins bondage, but Jesus took my place. I was the guilty one, He was the perfect one, but He knew I'd need a Savior. Satan had us all bound and sentenced us to death and hell, but Jesus stepped in and said, "I'll take her punishment." and therefore, I accepted His great gift, and now I'm forever more free. So, even when it looks and sounds like everything and everyone is falling apart, God is not falling apart, God is not weak, God is still the same, true, faithful, loving, wonderful, long-suffering, merciful God that He has always been. I find great peace in that. I choose to continue!

No comments: