Monday, November 24, 2008

THANKS-LIVING DAY 24

Today is the 24th day of my thanksliving posts. I'm so glad I thought about doing these thanksliving moments because I have started noticing more things around me on a daily basis. I told someone the other day that blogging is my therapy. I know these posts have helped me more than they have my readers. I have always tried to be thankful and I've always gotten kicks out of little things, but the entire month of November has just been extra blessed this year due to me posting special things each day about autumn and Thanksgiving, and just special blessings that occur from day to day. Today, I have thought about my menu for Thanksgiving day. My parents are coming to eat lunch with us. They are bringing dressing, corn, and I'm not sure what else. I think I will cook turkey, candied sweet potatoes, creamed potatoes (for Cale),
fried okra, peas, cornbread and rolls. Noelle is in here suggesting apple pie for dessert. Hmm, we'll see. I'm excited about the holiday, probably more this year than ever before. Well, come to think of it, 24 years ago, when Scot and I were dating over the phone (he lived in Texas & Louisiana), we hadn't seen each other in over a month, and he was coming home Thanksgiving Eve, so I have to say that was a pretty anticipated Thanksgiving.
So today, I guess my thanksliving moment would be for little things in life that are such big blessings to me, just like these posts.
And from my heart, without details, I thank God for his watch and care over my family, and for hearing and answering my prayers.

No comments: