Thursday, November 20, 2008

THANKS-LIVING DAY 20

This morning my heart is just all warm and gooey feeling with an extra appreciation and love for the dear friends God has so richly blessed me with. I'm thinking of Prov. 17:17, A friend loveth at all times... and 18:25, A man that hath friends must show himself friendly....

I can't remember a time in my life that I haven't had friends! Friends come to us sometimes in such odd and unexpected ways. For instance, I have friends now that I had never heard of just 3 short months ago. We have met such precious people through pastoring and through homeschooling activities. There are those people that immediately when you meet them, there is just that kindred spirit there and you connect. Then, there are others that you think you don't connect with that end up being so dear to your heart. And then there are those friendships that we've had for many-many years, and although distance keeps us apart, when we do get together or talk via phone, email, etc., it's just like one sentence stopped years ago and the next sentence just picks up where we left off. I am very hesitate to name names on my post because there is no way I can list every one of my friends here and I would never desire to leave anyone out. But, I will say that I have been overjoyed lately to reconnect with some old and very dear friends and that it brings that warm gooey feeling to my heart that I mentioned at the beginning of this post. I have to throw this in here though; I love all my friends, but through the years, I know I have let my friends down, usually through my ignorance, but nevertheless, let them down; and I have had friends that have let me down or disappointed me. This is why I felt the need to say that; we are all human. I have a friend Jesus who has never let me down, He has never disappointed me, He has never forsaken me, He has never moved away from me, He has never been too busy, He has never been uninterested in me, and He has loved me and cared for me at my very worst! Now-that is a friend!!!! I highly recommend my friend Jesus to you. His grace and mercy are truly amazing. Today, I am truly thankful for all my friends. God has used you to bless my life much more than most of you could ever imagine. I try to be a good friend, but being the sinner(saved by God's grace) that I am, I am limited in love, help, comfort, etc.,but Jesus is not limited. The rest of the verse in Prov. 18:24 says, and there is a friend that sticketh closer than a brother.

No comments: