Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Recipe

I made lasagna Saturday for our ladies get together. Here is my recipe. Now, I don't measure much of anything, so I'll do the best I can to tell you how much.

I brown about a pound and a half of ground beef (I use deer when we have it) with some chopped onion and bell pepper (as much or little as you like). Drain this. Add 1 pkg. of dry spaghetti seasoning to the beef, add 2 cans of Spaghetti sauce ( I used Del Monte traditional or with peppers and mushrooms). Let this all simmer for a while to let the flavors get mixed. In the mean time, cook your lasagna noodles. When all of this is done, I start with the lasagna noodles and layer these ingredients in this order. ( I use a deep oblong casserole dish)
Noodles, Cottage cheese, Meat sauce, Mozzarella cheese. I do this 2 or 3 times. ( I just keep layering til I run out of ingredients. Then, on the very top layer, I place a single layer of pepperoni slices and top that with lots of mozzarella. Bake this on about 350 until nice and hot through and through. In the past, I have added mushrooms to my meat mixture, but didn't Sat.
Add some garlic bread and a salad, and there ya go, GOOOOD Eatin'!
Enjoy.

No comments: