Friday, October 17, 2008

Supper/Tater-Topped Casserole

I finally cooked this new recipe (new to me) last night.
I made the casserole and served it with buttered french bread and tea. That was it!
We ate all but one helping of it. My bunch probably won't beg for it again, but they seemed to like it pretty well. I loved it, of course, as most of you know, I love most anything.
Here's the recipe, it really was very tasty and good.
I do recommend it although there was sarcasm up above.

TATER TOPPED CASSEROLE
(or as one blogger said, NOT casserole)

Brown 1 pound ground beef with a small chopped onion, drain.
Spoon this in a dish, they said an 8 inch square dish, I used a round deeper dish.
Mix 1 can of cream of mushroom and 1/4 cup of milk together and pour over meat.
Top that with either a can of veg-all, or a cup of frozen mixed veggies.
Spread 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese on top, then place 1/2 a bag of tater tots on the very top. Bake 45 min. at 375. I would have loved the veg all, but my bunch isn't crazy about green beans, so I used a can of carrots and a can of whole kernel corn instead.
ENJOY!

No comments: