Saturday, October 25, 2008

Last Race for Spartans

SPARTANS

IT IS COLD BOYS!


CALE, MA-MA & PA-PA G.




JENNIFER AND JEFF FREDERICK



JOSH & CLAY




STRIPPING OFF TO SLEEVELESS IN ESKIMO WEATHER!
FOREST & MARY JO




ALEC AND JULIE




KATHY AND DAVID






AIDEN AND DEE-DEE
(MARLA DION) I LOVE HER NAME!
AIDEN WAS THE WARMEST OF US ALL!!!





SCOT AND CALE





JOSH AND DAVID




(MRS.) SHA-LAH AND ZACK
(SHEA PRIEST)
AND HE THINKS I'M A NUT!




SCOT AND SAM





ZACK AND CALE WITH COACH DULEY




JAMIE, STEPHEN, AND NATALIE





JULIE AND ROAN






WE SAVED JIMMY A HOT DOG!






Today has been a beautiful day in our lives! We got up very early; met the other team members in the mall parking lot between 6:30 and 7:00. The race began at 8:00, and up until that time, we 'bout froze! Everyone seemed to be so chipper and happy and the morning was just a very delightful time. The race was a fund raiser for The Susan A. Komen race for the cure. (Breast Cancer) Gordon and Nora Ann (Scot's parents) attended, which thrilled Cale. Seems like he enjoyed running more today! Cale's time was 22:23. He had a pace of 7:13. He was 31st in the
male division and 8th in his age division. All of the Spartans did great today. Several of them brought home trophys. Congratulations to you all!
It was quite chilly, but we just had the best time.
Nora Ann, Gordon, and I went inside the mall after the race and got breakfast at Chick-Fillet.
After the award ceremony, all the Spartans and their families went to Jimmy and Roan Johnsons for lunch. We had grilled hot-dogs and all kinds of chips, dip, and desserts. All the kids had a blast playing outside. After we left the Johnson home, we went BACK to the mall. Josh had given me a gift card from Barnes and Noble. I had a ball!!! I looked down almost every aisle.
I decided on 2 books by Elizabeth George. I have several of her books in my library that I enjoy tremendously. The books I chose today is "Life Management for Busy Women" and "Small Changes for a Better Life". I am anxious to read them. I know they will bless me.
Josh was so sweet to give me the gift card. He's my buddy. His birthday is Tuesday.
He will be 14. Here I go again telling you my how fast time has gone by! I was at the hospital when Josh was born. He has always been sooo dear to my heart. I pray God blesses him with a very fun and special day!
I tell you, we've met the nicest people during the XC season. Our family has had a blast!
It was a sacrifice time and money wise, but well worth it. Gas prices is the only reason it was expensive. I do look forward to getting back on a half way decent schedule, wait, what am I saying??? I don't even know what "decent schedule" means. Maybe we can accomplish more in school and I can keep the laundry room from looking like it threw up clothes all over the place.
I will definately have to plan menu's now. I won't be counting on everyone fending for theirselves on Tue. and Thur.'s. I do plan to keep in touch with the Spartan parents and Coach Duley. We will look back on the past few months with pleasant thoughts and wonderful memories.
I posted lots of pics but considering I forgot my camera the last 2 weeks, I thought I was entitled to post more tonight. Enjoy!

No comments: