Monday, October 6, 2008

Mr. & Mrs. Scot George











Liesa Gentle & Scot George were joined together in Holy Matrimony June 22, 1985 at 3 p.m. at New Union Missionary Baptist Church in Halltown, Alabama.
Parents of the couple are James & Elwanda Gentle and Gordon & Nora Ann George.
Bro. ZI Barnes, uncle of the groom officiated. The Matron Of Honor was Mrs. Kathy Minnis, friend of the bride. Brides maids were Susan Cornelious and Melody Crane, cousins of the bride.
Susan George, cousin of the groom was the flower girl. The Best Man was Mr. Richard McKinney, friend of the groom. Groomsmen were Jeff Emerson and Carl Fowler, friends of the groom. Brent Collum, cousin of the groom was the ring bearer. Ushers were Kerry Lee Peden and Michael George. Mrs. Sharon Bolding was the organist. The red, white, and gray wedding was centered around Ruth 1:16-17, Whither Thou Goest. To Me, by Barbara Mandrel and Lee Greenwood was sung as the Bride walked down the aisle. The Bride sang Whither Thou Goest to the Groom. We've Only Just Begun was sang after the couple were pronounced husband and wife.
*******************************************************************
A few years ago, Scot was asked to speak at a Valentine Banquet and I was asked to sing.
They wanted a "love" song. I am not morbid, but I handle funeral songs much better than wedding songs. They are just easier songs to sing. I get literally sick when I sing at weddings.
I've pretty much sworn off from them. Back to my story.... I searched and searched for a song to sing at the banquet, and about 2 days before the event, I sat down and decided just to write my own song. And it goes like this:
*****************************************
I'D DO IT ALL OVER AGAIN
Chorus:
I'd do it all over again. I'd do it all over again.
I'd be your bride, I'd stand by your side.
Yes, I'd do it all over again.
1. We've been together for many years.
We've had our joys and we've shed some tears.
Knowing now all I didn't know then.
I'd still do it all over again.
2. I sang to you on our wedding day.
Whither thou goest, that's where I'd stay.
Not even knowing where our steps would end.
I'd do it all over again.
3. When our time down here shall come to pass.
Already it's gone by seems too fast.
No matter what comes our way til then,
I'd do it all over again.
4. I thank God for the good times,
I thank Him for the bad.
I thank Him for all the precious years we've had.
And when we get to heaven, I know I'll say,
No regrets!
I'd do it again.
(Words & Music- Liesa G. George, Feb. 02)
**************************
Ruth 1:16-17
And Ruth said, Entreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God: Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if aught but death part thee and me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful wedding photos!