Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shopping With Noelle

Grilled Chicken Salad for me,
Chicken & Dumplin's for Noelle. This was to the left of me.

This was to the right.

And this is a Happy Shopper!!!

Well, we did it! Noelle and I shopped til we dropped! We got to Tupelo around 3:30 and we got home around 10:30 last night. We accomplished alot and had a blast! We were dragging there toward the end though. We ate an early supper at Cracker Barrel and did some shopping in there. I was much more thankful for my food at Cracker Barrel than usual. I have a new blogging friend in Canada; she is also a pastors wife and a homeschool mother; they don't have a Cracker Barrel there, and she loves Cracker Barrel, so I tried to enjoy every moment and every bite. The smell is divine. It's not the smell of the food, it's the fireplace. Reminds me of my Ma-Ma Claudies house. From Cracker Barrel, we went to the mall, on to Hobby Lobby, Books A Million, LifeWay, and Wal-Mart. (I felt like saying..."On Dasher, On Prancer, On Cupid..) I love to go to the mall this time of the year. The decorations are so pretty. We got some good buys too on items that were on our list, so that's always a good thing! We saw Patsy and Clyne P. at Cracker Barrel. It's always such a joy to run into our hometown folk and friends. Oh, and I bought Noelle and Cale's new 2008 ornaments. I got them each a rocking chair at Cracker Barrel. Oh, how those youngin's loved to rock when they were little; this momma loved it too! I also got them each a gingerbread ornament that says..."You melt my heart." I'm all the time telling them that. I also got a candy cane ornament at Books a Million that has "George" on it. Our names are all spelled unusual, so we can't ever find anything with our first names, but they did have "George", and you know how I love monogrammed anything!
I love my sweet shopping buddy, Noelle. We always have such a wonderful time together. She is sooooo thoughtful and gives so freely. Our waiter didn't do a real good job but Noelle left her a generous tip. I commented that the service was lacking and Noelle immediately replied, "Yes, but it's Christmas!" What a gal! I will fill you in later on some of her gifts. I can't yet due to someone reading my blog that doesn't' need to know the information! ha. Well, I marked off several on my list last night. I will do my best to do some wrapping today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I'm like you - I love the fireplace, the country atmosphere. My sister works at a CB in SC. She said it was busy Thanksgiving Day! Now, I love CB, but I love my traditional family gathering on Thanksgiving more! :)

Thanks for thinking of me!