Tuesday, December 16, 2008

NEW BOOKS!



The Hollands gave me a gift card from Life Way Christian Book Store for Christmas. Yesterday, after looking at almost every single book in the store twice (or so it seemed to Cale), I decided on these two books. If you've read much of my blog at all, you know I love-love-love to read books by Elizabeth George. Among my favorite books written by Elizabeth George are Beautiful In God's Eyes, Life Management for Busy Women, Loving God With All Your Mind, Small Changes for a Better Life, A Woman's High Calling, A Woman's Walk With God, & A Woman After God's Own Heart. The book I got yesterday is Walking with the Women of the Bible. It is a devotional Journey Through God's Word studying about the women in the Bible like Mrs. Noah, Sarah, Esther, Rebekah, Mary, Rahab, Eve, Lydia, Deborah, my favorite Ruth, and many others. I hope to learn from these women and apply the things I learn to my life. The other book I chose was Lynn Austin's Until We Reach Home. It's a story about three sisters from Sweden traveling to America in search of a safe haven. So, one book to learn and be inspired by, and another book to just entertain me. Thank you Robert, Chrissy, & Kanah for the gift!

No comments: