Thursday, September 25, 2008



We have a wonderful deacon at our church who is a royal nut! Sorry, but it's true. He loves to aggrivate "the preachers wife", which is me, and he calls me "Linda". It's not because he has a bad memory and can't remember Liesa; that just be's the way it is! ha. Anyway, his name is Harold Wilson, and he really is a very dear man. He and his family are so good to us. August, 2007, I had surgery. He and his daughter Claire came to visit me in the hospital, and he brings in a bag of what I thought was goodies! I was so proud of him for being so thoughtful. I should have guessed otherwise by the smurk on his face. I opened the bag and I took each item out one at a time. I had a can of beenie wienies, sardines, vienna sausage, pork and beans, etc. What a guy!!!! He said, "Linda, I heard you were hungry, so I wanted to bring you some food." Thats just one of the hard times he's given me over the past 4 years. After I got home from the hospital, a week later was Labor Day. He came over that afternoon and brought us some bbq. Now, I have to say one nice thing about Harold, the man can cook!!!! He told me to let him know how we liked the bbq sauce, he said he had made it himself. We had already eaten when he brought the food, so the next day, we indulged in Harolds BBQ. Noelle and I rubbed some of the sauce on our faces, and got Cale to take our pic. That night, I woke up and had a hard time going back to sleep (not because of his food) and my brain started turning, and this is what I wrote! (I gave Harold a copy of the pic. and the poem: I told him my down-time since surgery had not been wasted!)

HAROLD'S HOMEMADE HOG-WILD BBQ SAUCE

YOU'LL GO HOG-WILD OVER HAROLDS HOMEMADE SAUCE,

AMONG THE REST, IT'S THE BOSS!

EAR TO EAR, CHEEK TO CHEEK,

IT'S THE SAUCE WE ALWAYS SEEK.

TIME AFTER TIME, DAY AFTER DAY.

THIS HOG-WILD STUFF IS HERE TO STAY.

FOLKS, GO OUT AND BUY SOME,

LIGHT A FIRE, INVITE YOUR FRIENDS TO COME.

SHARE THIS TREASURE,

IT'S THE BEST YOU'LL FIND.

SLATHER ON DEER, CHICKEN, & HOGS BEHIND!

SHOOT, IT'S SO GOOD, JUST GRAB A STRAW!

YOU WON'T BE WEIRD, NO, NOT AT ALL.

WE'RE THE POSTER GIRLS FOR THIS DELICIOUS STUFF,

AND WE'RE PROUD TO ENDORSE IT, JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH.

GIVE IT FOR CHRISTMAS, BIRTHDAYS, OH MY!

JUST LOOK AT THESE FACES, NOW TELL ME, WOULD WE LIE?

SO GO HOG WILD,

TRY IT, DON'T TAKE MY WORD.

ITS' SO GOOD, IT'S PLUM ABSURB!!!

No comments: