Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Talk of Him

(words & music by Liesa Gentle George)

1. Momma told me about Jesus

How He died and rose again.

She told me He is everywhere

Yet He sits at His Fathers right hand.

She said He walked on water

And He made the blind to see.

And that He could live in the soul of man

Now Jesus lives inside of me.

2. Now children, He is with you

Each moment of the day.

And He hears every single word that you say.

I tell it to my children

Like my momma told it to me.

She got her story from the Bible

Then she passed it on to me.

3. I sit there in my rocking chair

Hours on end.

Singing Jesus loves me

Again and again.

I want to give them all the best

That is why I sing

Amazing Grace how sweet the sound

That saved a wretch like me.

Ch.

Talk of Him when thou sittest

When you walk by the way.

Talk of Him at bedtime

And at the break of day.

Write His Words upon the posts

Of your earthly home.

Talk of Him

Pass it on.

Tag:

Talk of Jesus

Pass Him on.

Deut. 6:7-9

And thou shalt teach them diligently unto thy children,

and shalt talk of them when thou sittest in thine house,

and when thou walkest by the way,

and when thou liest down, and when thou risest up.

And thou shalt bind them for a sign upon thy hand,

and they shall be as frontlets between thine eyes.

And thou shalt write them upon the posts of they house,

and on thy gates.

1 comment:

Roan said...

I am really enjoying your blog, and I am looking forward to more!