Monday, September 22, 2008

Verses That Are On My Mind

Romans 12:1-2
I Beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable and perfect, will of God.

Psalm 19:14
Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O Lord,
my strength, and my redeemer.

These words stand out to me: Present, Living Sacrifice, Holy, Acceptable unto God, Reasonable,
Transformed, Renewing, Prove, Good, Acceptable, Perfect, Will of God.

God will not force me to present myself a living sacrifice. I am to be willing to do that.
I am to be different, unlike the world. I am to be Holy; live by Gods standards, not mans.
This is a reasonable service, God doesn't ask too much of us. If I live a Holy life according to Gods Word, then, I will prove that which is good, acceptable, perfect, will of God. And I will be in the perfect will of God, which is always the best place to be.
The verse from Psalm is my daily prayer. I desire for the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart to be acceptable in Gods sight.

Oh how I mess up, but I want to strive to do the above, not FOR salvation, but BECAUSE of my salvation.

No comments: