Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Be encouraged:

If you are reading my blog today, I just felt like offering you some encouragement.
I know somedays I hunger for a word of encouragement. Of course, I could easily find it if I just open Gods Word. Encouragement from other people is always welcome though. We never know who crosses our path from day to day that is just yearning for someone just to reach out to them with a smile, pat on the back, or a kind word. Day to day life can be tough sometimes, even in the best of circumstances, but like I tell my children, "Every child doesn't have what you have. Some children would love to have someone in their life that is "way" overprotective and "smothering" with love and affection. Some children and people in general would love to hear the words, "I love you", "You are special", "How do you feel today?", etc. " So, if your light is a bit dim, here is a verse that blesses me over and over again every time I read it.
Psalm 18:28
For thou wilt light my candle; the Lord my God will enlighten my darkness.
Sometimes when I feel like my wick is wet, or there is just a little flicker of light that's about to get blown out, I think of this verse. The first time I noticed it, I felt like God had put it there just for me.
So dear friend, be encouraged. Ask God to light your candle, and let it shine-shine-shine. Be contagious, share your light with others.

No comments: