Thursday, September 25, 2008

SIGN OF OLD AGE?

Ok, this is my daily morning routine: While drinking my "black" coffee, I sit at my computer and read The Belmont Times. (the website address is on this page) My longtime friend Joel Wells keeps us updated on all the happenings in my hometown of Belmont. After I scan the page, I always go to the Daily Journal Obituaries. And no, I'm not looking for my name!!! I have done this for years. I know people from Ripley, Corinth, Booneville, Belmonts surrounding area, Tupelo, Pontotoc, etc. so sometimes I wouldn't know about a death if I didn't read it in the paper.
I enjoy my morning routine very much even if it does include deaths. I thank Joel for the Belmont website. I love my hometown and the people there and love keeping up with all the news and happenings. If I had a pic. of Joel with his tongue out, I would post it on this page.
Lucky Joel! ha. (He posted one of me and my kids being silly on the Belmonttimes to introduce my blog)
So, for the record, me looking at obit's every morning is not a sign of my age since I've been doing this for years via paper or internet. It's probably just a sign of my nosiness, and of course my love for people too.


Here are a couple of things I read in "Mama, Get The Hammer!" by Barbara Johnson

A PESSIMIST IS SOMEONE WHO BELIEVES THAT WHEN HER CUP RUNNETH OVER...
SHE'LL NEED A MOP.

SOME COMPLAIN BECAUSE THE ROSE HAS THORNS; SOME GIVE THANKS BECAUSE THE THORNS HAVE ROSES.

EACH DAY COMES BEARING GIFTS. UNTIE THE RIBBONS!

FOR EVERY ONE THING THAT GOES WRONG
THERE ARE FIFTY TO ONE HUNDRED BLESSINGS.
COUNT THEM!

And this is from me:
Have a knock you socks off good day dear bloggin' friend!

No comments: