Monday, March 23, 2009

Taters



Some people never seem motivated to participate,
but are just content to watch others do the work.
They are called "Spec Taters".

Some people never do anything to help,
but are gifted at finding fault with the way others do the work.
They are called "Comment Taters".

Some people are very bossy and like to tell others what to do,
but don't want to soil their own hands.
They are called "Dick Taters".

Some people are always looking to cause problems
by asking others to agree with them.
It is too hot or too cold; too sour or too sweet.
They are called "Agie Taters".

There are those who say they will help,
but somehow just never get around
to actually doing the promised help.
They are called "Hezzie Taters".

Some people can put up a front
and pretend to be someone they are not.
They are called "Emma Taters".

Then there are those who love others
and do what they say they will.
They are always prepared to stop whatever
they are doing to lend a helping hand.
They bring sunshine into the lives of others.
They are called "SWEET TATERS".


I'm thankful for all the SWEET TATERS in my life!

12 comments:

Roan said...

You are definitely a sweet tater! Good to see you back on your blog!

Anita said...

Cute message and so very true. Hope you have a joyful week!!

Deborah said...

hehehe...I'd read that before, but it was still good a second time! I sure hope I'm a sweet tater!

Lois Christensen said...

Love that!!! I have never heard it before, but so true!

BECKY said...

A joyful Monday to one sweet tater!! ;o)
So very true, my dear. Isn't it great that our joy isn't dependant on the other kinds of taters or even on the sweet ones? Our joy comes from abiding in the vine, and living for Christ first; a lesson that God is still teaching me the depths of!! To live is Christ!! Whoa, such a short little phrase packed with so much life-giving truth!!

Praying God's best for you and yours, sweet Liesa!

Joy and Hugs,
Becky

Tori Leslie said...

Aww, that was cute, I agree with the census, you have to be a sweet tater!

Cute!

BTW, guess what's in my cabinet right now???? 6 cans of fat free cooking spray from wallyworld. YEA, God sure is good!

Rachel Smith said...

So cute! I had never heard that before. I am copying and pasting so I can use that poem at a later time. I am sure it will fit into one of our ladies' meetings or something. Thanks!

Enjoy your day!

Caleb said...

I love this!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

This told the truth in a cute and humorous way! :)

Hope you are having a good week!

Marilyn

Lynn said...

lol - love this- so cute and so true! have a blessed week!

Paula said...

My kids love the little song that goes with this. They're my sweet 'taters. :)

Martha said...

I am interested in the tater song. We are doing a ladies fellowship the end of April and our theme is the tater people. It would be great to have a little song to go along with it.