Tuesday, March 10, 2009

I Know Whom I Have Believed

In life, sometimes we get comfortable; everything goes well with our job, family, church...daily life is, you know?....good! A strong-brisk storm comes along unexpectedly and it causes us to search ourselves. WHO am I serving? WHY am I serving? WHAT can happen to make me quit serving? I have dared to go deep within my heart, soul, and mind lately, which is very helpful and enlightening to do every now and then. As a matter a fact, it will either bring out the best in you, or the worst in you. It will tell the tale, as my mother would say. We can learn a lot from being in life's sea when the waves are rocking our boats fiercely. My recent soul searching has increased my faith. You know how you really don't know how you will feel or react until you come face to face with circumstances? I can say, I would do this, or I would do that, but the truth is, I really don't know until that circumstance comes knocking at my door. I'm happy to report that I do know Whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep that which I've committed unto Him against that day. I'm happy to report that I serve God because He is worthy, and thus far, I am weathering the storm and am not jumping ship. A song I like says... 'When the storms are raging, I'll not be afraid. God holds me in the palm of His hand. When my ship is drifting and sails are frail, God holds me in the palm of His hand.' I'm thankful for the check up I've had, although painful, my faith and my hope has been increased, and I can pass the good news on to you, there is peace in the midst of the storm all because of Jesus. Another song says...'I will serve Thee because I love Thee, You have given life to me. I was nothing before you found me, You have given life to me. Heartaches, broken pieces, Ruined lives are why You died on Calvary, Your touch was what I longed for, You have given life to me.'

Between You & God
People are often unreasonable and self-centered,
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind,
People may accuse you of ulterior motives,
Be kind anyway.
If you are honest, people may cheat you,
Be honest anyway.
If you find happiness, people may be jealous,
Be happy anyway.
The good you do may be forgotten tomorrow,
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have,
And it may never be enough.
For you see, in the end,
It is between you and God,
It never was between you and them anyway.
~Mother Teresa

6 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

You don't know how much I needed to read this post today Liesa!

Thanks.

Marilyn

Lois Christensen said...

I hope and pray that whatever it is you're going through will soon be resolved and you will have peace with all the decisions you make. I love the poem, it's so appropriate for a pastor's family! I'm a PK and I know how hard it can be sometimes to serve the Lord. Thanks for being so honest and open with us!

Megan said...

Thank you for your encouraging post! I, too, am learning more and more that God is in control! My faith is in Him! Thanks again!

Deborah said...

Thank you Liesa...I needed this too.

BECKY said...

Hi Sweet Friend, I'm lifting you up in prayer today. His Eye Is On the Sparrow has been in my heart lately and is such a good one to remember also.

I heard a Third Day song yesterday and remember one line from it, "I must go through the valleys to be able to stand on the mountaintop with God".

Praying that your "valley time" will be as brief as possible in order to accomplish God's perfect will in all whom it concerns.

Please know that you can count on me to stand with you through this storm.

Do you have an email addy I can reach you at? I have somethings I'd like to share with you. You can email me at holidayinthesun_1@yahoo.com

May God's peace enfold you like a warm soft blanket, and strengthen you for this part of your journey.

Gentle blessings, Friend,
Becky

Lilly's Home Journal said...

Regardless of what may come our way in life...God's Word is the best refuge! Allow His "water" and "bread" and "oil" to restore and refresh your soul. He is the main focus of life...not people, not things, not other's words, not attitudes....or fear. Let it all drop off and roll away!
This is one of my favorite quotes of Mother Theresa...good words to live by!
Thanks for your encouragement friend...you be encouraged today!
Keep thanking Him for the awesome opportunity to serve and be His Hands!
Bless you, Lilly