Thursday, March 5, 2009

Daily Bible Reading

How is it I fail in something that should be so easy? I had been so disciplined reading the scheduled daily Bible readings until a few weeks ago. It's no one's fault but my own, but the week my son was so sick, I missed a day or two, and then, it was hard to get back on track. I still read my Bible, but just haven't kept up with the schedule. I had been posting the weekly schedule on my blog, but since I'm behind, I thought I wouldn't post it. But, if anyone was keeping up with the schedule that I was posting, if you'll leave me a note, I'll send you a schedule. I'm not quitting, I'm just not up to date on this and I felt like a hypocrite posting the schedule when I'm so far behind. As my husband would say, "You're not the pope". But, there is my confession! Ha. Pray for me that I do better. By the way, if you're reading Life By George today, thanks for dropping by. I appreciate all my friends in Blog-Land!

6 comments:

Olivia said...

I'm so sorry this is late- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

GraceFromHim said...

This also seems to be true for me....As long as I stay on track with a schedule and everything goes as planned I seem to do well. It is when, sickness, or other unexpected life calls that I stumble. Satan just seems to be on the war path in my marriage since I have been doing the Love Dare blog. I have been struggling with some things I already had victory over years ago???? It is VITAL we keep our eyes on the Lord and we stay in our Bible. Your not alone sister, and yes praying for you too we are in this fight together!!!

Blessings,
Brandie

PS Austen is done with "Created For Work", if you would like me send it, let me know.

Is your son doing better now?

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

The same thing has happened to me!!! I have gotten so behind! I don't think I can keep up with everyone else. So I am gonna keep on but it will have to be on my own schedule I guess. ha I do usually read some in the Bible and do some Bible study but it's just not always the "daily schedule" I'm supposed to be on. Thanks for bringing this out in the open! I thought I was the only one who had this problem!!! :)

Marilyn

Lois Christensen said...

I think this is why I never pressure myself into reading the whole Bible in one year. I'd rather just do my normal reading and not try to cram it all in. But don't be so hard on yourself, we've all been there!!! My mother is still trying to catch up with her reading from last year AND read through following this year's guide! Now there's some pressure!

BECKY said...

Liesa, This is where I find a bit of solace in what Paul said...that the things he wants to do he doesn't, and the things he doesn't want to do he does. If the man who God inspired to write 2/3 of the New Testament struggles with this, I think it is safe to say that we will, too.

The key, is to just keep at it. One of the devil's most destructive weapons is that of discouragement and a sense of failure.

Press on, dear friend!! We all must. If God is for us, who can be against us!! Satan's weapons are useless against those who are in Christ Jesus!!

Have a glorious day!!
HUGS
Becky

Laura at By the Bushel said...

I just visited your blog for the first time, and love it. So inspiring. Loved the song you had playing when I clicked in, and all the scriptural blogs. One of my favorites is the hut is on fire.
Don't be discouraged, sometimes it just falls by the wayside,,, just pick it back up. Thanks for sharing tho, really, then I know I'm not the only one!
Blessings to you- Laura