Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Birthday Eve

Here, Take this! ha.
This is my friend Chrissy. She's one of those friends that brings out the goofy in me! Chrissy, her husband Robert, their daughter Kanah, and Kanah's friend Anna came by with goodies! (2 pretty tops) This family was members at the first church Scot pastored over 10 years ago.
Kanah picked out an orange-vanilla candle just for her Gi-Gi
I got up Sat. morning and saw this box on the bar! My sweet husband had left me a note that said, "Your birthday gift is in this box. Don't open until we all get home. Have a nice day!"
Yea right!!!! I knew they didn't trust me enough to leave my gift on the bar with me home alone! I had the scissors in my hand about to make the first cut and I thought, I bet they are pulling one on me. I bet when I open it, there's a note that says, "Gotcha!" or something, so I was a good girl and I resisted temptation. If you know me at all, you know that me and an unknown gift in the same room is a dangerous situation. Not knowing what is in a package really really gets the best of me! I was so proud of myself. Then, that afternoon when I did open the box (after everyone was home), Scot told me I had passed the test. I really was proud then! But, come to find out, the gift was not in the box that morning, they had put the gift in the box that afternoon while I was getting dressed! See, I told you they didn't trust me in that situation! ha. I can't say I blame them! I really have the bestest family!

Oh no you didn't!
Cale, Kanah, Scot, Robert, Anna, Noelle, & Chrissy

Scot, Noelle, and Cale gave me this! Isn't it beautiful? They wanted to get me a PINK one, but couldn't find one. I love the red though. They also gave me a case, battery charger, and memory card for it! Then, Scot, Noelle, and Cale took me to Los Com padres for supper!
My supper!
Scot & Noelle
Me & Cale

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

What a fun way to spend your birthday! I never would have been able to wait either! Love the new camera!!!

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I loved reading about and seeing the pictures of your birthday celebrationS! A whole lot of people think an awfully lot of you it seems! I'm sure there's a good reason for that! :) And you are aging VERY gracefully! You don't look like 44.

God bless!
Marilyn

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Happy Birthday Leisa! Looks like you had a good day. I love the fact that they left a note with your box... so cute.

GraceFromHim said...

Happy Belated Birthday sweetie!!
Hugs,
brandie