Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Speaking of Mrs. Dotty!

This is Mrs. Dotty! A day or two ago, I posted a recipe for Dotty's Green Beans. I thought later that I should have introduced you all to Mrs. Dotty! I love this woman! She is so WITH IT! She is a very classy lady. Noelle and I always look forward to seeing what color and style of shoes she's wearing each Sunday. We rarely see the same pair twice. If she's wearing a yellow dress, she has on yellow shoes and accessories. Oh, to get in her closet! :) She has wonderful taste in clothes and also great taste in decorating her home and our church. She is always so helpful with the showers, meetings, special occasions, and weddings at church.

Lunch was wonderful! Fried chicken, pork loin, green beans, corn, creamed potatoes, and rolls. For dessert, she served pecan pie and strawberry cobbler. Funny story...her table was decorated beautifully. Fine linens and water glasses just have never fit into our life style I guess. Anyway, when we sat down, there were beautiful off white colored cloth napkins at our places. None of us said a word, but I noticed my kids didn't wipe their hands or mouths on them until they saw someone else do so. Mrs. Dotty and Bro. Herman have a very lovely home. It looked so festive for the Christmas holidays. This couple have been such a blessing and encouragement to our family.

She has 3 dogs. Riley and Paige are Corgi's and Chi-Chi is a chihuahua. Chi-Chi stays inside. Riley and Paige are outside dogs. Riley came running in the house when I was trying to take a picture of him and Paige. Mrs. Dotty is having to get him out! :)

They moved constantly. This is the best picture I got of them.

Noelle is holding Chi-Chi

No comments: