Thursday, January 28, 2010

I Have The Sweetest Son


As most of you know, we bought a house back in the summer. The mailbox still has the former owner's name on it. We had discussed on the way home from the church Sunday night about getting a new mailbox. BUT, of course, I don't want just a plain ole mailbox with our name and address on it. So, we decided to buy a mailbox and take it to someone who paints and have a church with a cross and a heart worked in it painted on the box. Then, Monday, I got on line looking at mailboxes. Do you know how much you can spend on a mailbox???? I saw several listed for over $200.00. I do want a unique box, but not bad enough to pay that much for one. So, I decided to go buy a normal mailbox and take it to a lady who paints and have her do it for me. Tuesday, during school break, Cale would go downstairs and every time I'd even peak down there, he'd yell for me not to come down. That night after supper, Cale and his dad went downstairs and when I went down to get Remington, they BOTH yelled for me to go back upstairs! Later, Cale came up and told me I could come down. He had been so secretive all day, so I grabbed my camera on the way down, and this is what I found!!!! A church mailbox. Our old mailbox is inside the church. Now, we just have to find out if the postal service will accept my new box.... Cale had it put together so I could see it, but he has taken it apart to paint the inside, to prevent rotting, and then, he'll put it back together after painting the outside. I just thought this was the sweetest surprise!!! I'll post another pic. after it's painted, but I couldn't wait to share it with you. I'm thankful for my son. I love you Cale.

5 comments:

Caleb said...

What a thoughtful son you have. Cale reminds me so much of my boys. They are always doing special things for me and their grandmother. Such a blessing!

Lois Christensen said...

I love this!!! What a great son you have. My son is like that, always thinking of ways to make me happy. Can't wait to see what it looks like painted!

BECKY said...

Oh Liesa...how special is this!!??? Sound like he got his Mama's generous spirit!! So glad he blesses you so! What a sweetheart of a son!

Way to go Cale!!
Love and hugs,
Becky

Claire said...

Awesome! He must get his sweetness from his mama! (No offense to his daddy!!)

(This is, of course, Lisa, not Claire.)

Paula said...

What a thoughtful young man! I can't wait to see what it looks like when it's been painted.:)