Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving 2009

We celebrated Thanksgiving and three November birthdays at the Georges Friday night before Thanksgiving. I didn't take many pictures, but the food was wonderful. Ma Ma G. had ham, dressing, green beans, corn, sweet potato casserole, butter beans, fruit salad, English peas, rolls, and several desserts. We enjoyed the meal and then several got at the table and played dominoes.
Noelle with our nephew Tristen. (on the same team)


Tristen and Scot


I also didn't take alot of pictures at our house Thanksgiving Day...

My menu included:
Roasted Turkey
Dressing (my mother)
Gravy (my mother)
Cranberry Sauce (my mother)
Creamed potatoes
Corn (my mother)
Peas
Macaroni and Cheese
Candied Sweet potatoes
Fried Okra
Rolls
Mini Cheesecakes (the Minnis's)
Coconut Pie (my mother)
Apple dumplings

Scot cut up all the potatoes and apples needed for the meal.

Our friends Josh, Kathy, and David Minnis joined us for Thanksgiving.
It was a special time of fellowship! (Notice their Mississippi Bulldog attire!)
They are lucky I even let them in my house! Ha.
Mother, Noelle, Cale, and Daddy

Josh, Noelle, & Cale

I love Thanksgiving. God's been so good to me and my family. I'm thankful for His great salvation that He so freely gave me, His love, mercy, and grace, the family He's blessed me with, our health, our home, and for all the daily blessings He so richly bestows upon us.

1 comment:

Lois Christensen said...

What a great post! I love your last statement about how good God has been to you! I feel the same way! God is so good. Just like that old song, it's so true in my life. I look back over the years and see His hand upon my life and it makes me so grateful.

Your menu sounds yummy. Love how your husband helped!!!