1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of both.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial
3. When do you put up the tree? Friday or Saturday after Thanksgiving
4. When do you take the tree down? Usually December 26, but if I'm having friends or family over for New Years Eve or New Years Day that haven't seen my tree, I leave it up until January 2nd. Cale's birthday is December 29th, so up until he was about 13, I took the tree down religiously the 26th. It was birthday celebration time for him and I didn't want him to have to share it with Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, Yes, and Yes! But, do ya'll know how many calories is in just a small cup of that stuff? And sadly, I can't drink just one cup!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Oh My! This is hard! I guess what stands out in my mind more than anything else is the tall blond doll that walked. You had to hold her hand and sort of maneuver her to walk, but I was just thrilled! The Barbie camper was great too. My favorite things to do included playing with my baby dolls, barbies, reading, and coloring, so my Christmas gifts were usually centered around those things! Mother and Daddy made each Christmas special.
7. Hardest person to buy for? This is a hard question for me also. I guess my father in law and my sister and brother in laws. Seems like I get my father in law clothes every single occasion just because I don't know what else to get, plus I love buying clothes for him. He has gorgeous blue eyes and I love picking out clothes that look good on him. Pa Pa G, if you are reading this, you aren't getting another blue shirt this year! ha.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My children and Scot are easy to buy for. Scot tells me what he wants and I have my children to make a long list of things they seriously would like to have and I go from there. They don't get everything on the list, but I have choices, and of course they don't know what I chose until they open. I can buy sterling silver or costume jewelry, movies, books, and clothes for Noelle, and she's happy as a lark! Cale usually wants one big thing; like a gun, bike, something for his gun, hunting equipment, etc. This year he asked for a weight set or a new trail/mountain bike, but ended up deciding on a Border Collie. I have him some surprises though. (My children rarely read my blog, so don't worry, the secret is ours!)
9. Do You have a nativity scene? Yes, I have several and I love them all.
10.Mail or email Christmas cards? Mailing and receiving Christmas cards is the highlight of my Christmas. I adore Christmas cards! Each one is so special and such a treasure to me.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? (clearing my throat!) I guess a can of oysters last year and a bottle of cough syrup this year from my dear friend David! He looks at my dislike list on my blog and goes from there! What a friend! :)
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Here we go again, do I have to choose just one? Of course not, this is My blog! ha. My favorites include but are not limited to: Borrowed Hearts, The Christmas Card, Holiday Affair, The Nativity Story, A Boyfriend For Christmas, and of course, Frosty The Snowman, even though I still tear up when he melts.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I am getting slack! I used to start in July or August and be completely finished by Thanksgiving. No more! I started the week before our first Christmas party this year, which was the first week of December. Shame on me, but I got it done!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably...I don't think I just gave it to someone else to keep from buying them something. If something didn't fit that I received, I have passed those along to someone else, but I would tell them.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? When I was growing up, my Ma Maw Claudie made a Raisin Cake every year and I sure miss that raisin cake, and I miss my Ma Maw. I guess other than that, my mom made all sorts of candies and cakes which were always delicious.
16. Lights on the tree? Multi colored :)
17.Travel at Christmas or stay home? We usually stayed home when I was growing up, which meant I could stay in play clothes or pj's all day... The first several years of marriage, we would go to Scot's grandmothers in Red Bay (just a few minutes away) at 11 a.m. on Christmas for lunch. Since his grandparents death, we go to Scot's mother and daddy's on Christmas day.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We usually opened presents on Christmas morning, but since the kids are older now, we sometimes open them the night before due to all the rush of Christmas Day.
Let me know if you want to post your answers on your blog. I got this idea from Lois over at Walking On Sunshine. You can click below to visit her blog...she's always a blessing.