Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Kindness


I've been doing a study on thoughtfulness, kindness, you know putting your intentions into actions. As mother says; 'putting legs on it.' I will have a post tomorrow morning on The KJV Directory http://kjvblogs.blogspot.com/ that will deal with some of this: I don't want to give all of it away before tomorrow, but for today, I encourage you to do something extra and unexpected for someone in your household. Like what, you ask? Take out time just to listen and talk, I believe that is considered a conversation. Sometimes we're in the same house, but we're not together. Fix someone a snack or pour them a drink, do one of their chores for them, put a 'happy' note in someones lunch box for tomorrow. Put your thinking cap on, I know you'll come up with something nice! My second suggestion: call someone. Call your mother or daddy, grandparents, an aunt or uncle you've not talked to or seen in a long time. Call a shut in, widow, widower, someone sick or in despair. Don't talk for hours, just about 2 minutes will do. Ask how they are, if they need anything, and while you're at it, tell them how special they are to you. A small act is greater than the greatest intention! You'll be the one that ends up getting blessed! Oh, by the way, I'm glad you visited Life By George today. Thanks. God loves you, and that there is reason enough to feel very special, yes, very special indeed!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Love this post, Liesa! I got a real sense of just sitting with you over coffee and chatting! :o)

And spreading smiles and joy...I'm all about that!!

I look forward to reading your post on KJV tomorrow!!

Have a blessed day, and know that you are a blessing to this bloggin' gal!
Becky

Lois Christensen said...

Can't wait to come by tomorrow and read your post! I love KJV!

Helena Harper said...

I've been learning a lot recently about the huge impact small acts of kindness can have on others and I've been trying to look out for little kindness opportunities each day, like making my mother a cup of tea when she's gardening, something that just wouldn't have occurred to me a few years ago. It's taken some time for me to learn this, but some people like my sister seem to do this sort of thing automatically. She seems to have

'a boundless capacity for love,
pride bowing perforce to compromise,
always lending an ear to a person in need
no matter what misfortunes arise...
Truly a shining example to that younger sister
whose self-absorbed wishes
drowned out thoughts of others
for many a long year,
but the passing days
have taught her to honestly treasure
the unselfishness of the elder —
a humble, compassionate soul
instinctively in touch
with her nature purely divine,
a privilege indeed
to call her a sister of mine.'
(from my book 'Family and More - Enemies or Friends?')

I've been fortunate, indeed, to have someone like my sister and others, too, in my life who have taught me and continue to teach me the value of giving. I've still got a way to go, but I am learning! Thank you for this post.

Helena Harper
www.helenaharper.com
helenaharpersblog.blogspot.com

GraceFromHim said...

Very Good....Love your blog :)