Thursday, May 13, 2010

Thursday This~N~That: EXCUSES

Happy Thursday to all of you in Blogville.

First of all, I have a confession. I forgot to blog here last night. I remembered it all week until last night. I have all kinds of excuses: I helped my son mow our yard yesterday afternoon, which is very very rare; I was just in the mood to mow. I knew it would more than likely stir my allergies and sinuses up, but I wanted to just get out there and ride in my yard and think, plus I wanted to help Cale out. He does so much for us each day. Scot came in from work and installed my new dishwasher and worked in the garden until Cale and I finished the yard. I was totally covered in dust and grass particles, so I had to take a shower before I prepared a quick supper of sausage, eggs, and biscuits. Back to the sinus and allergy thing; yep, had to take an allergy pill which lulls me down a bit. I read a while and then went to bed forgetting all about blogging!

EXCUSES! My excuses or REASONS for not blogging are true and legitimate! What about my excuses (Reasons) for not reading God's Word like I should? What about my excuses (Reasons) for not praying like I should? What about my excuses (Reasons) for not witnessing like I should? What about my excuses (Reasons) for not being faithful like I should? What about my excuses (Reasons) for not serving others like I should? Hmmm. We all use excuses or reasons like: I was tired; I overslept; I work alot; That's my only day off; I have enough to do without doing for others, etc. All of those are probably true and legitimate, but I doubt know that doesn't cut it with God.

Yesterday, when I thought about my duty to post on KJV Blog Directory, I should have scheduled in time to go ahead and do it. Instead of reading a book for pleasure last night, I should have taken my Bible to bed with me. Oh, and here is MY main problem...RUNNING LATE ON SUNDAY MORNINGS! We seem to have such busy weekends and by Saturday night, I'm pooped, so sometimes I don't have all of our clothes ironed, etc. We drive 45 minutes to church, and being that my husband is the pastor, we do not need to be late! (NOTE: Even if my husband were not the pastor, we would need to be on time) The solution to that problem is to plan ahead and prepare for Sunday one day during the week. (My husband just amened me right there) Just like my name is on the KJV schedule, my name is on that church roll, which means that is where I am suppose to be every Sunday morning for Sunday school! Just like my name is on the KJV schedule, my name is in the Lamb's Book of Life which means I have some RESPONSIBILITIES. I am responsible to be faithful to God and others, read God's Word, pray, serve, and witness.

I Thessalonians 5:17- Pray without ceasing.

Mark 16:15- (words of Jesus) Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

Galatians 5:13-...but by love serve one another.

II Timothy 2:15- Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Hebrews 10:22-25- Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another; and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

Matthew 22:37- Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Maybe sometimes it is good for us to mess up. It helps us to try harder and to do better. By the way, we are but human, so we WILL mess up from time to time, but let us strive to be the very best we can be for God, knowing that He gave His very Best for us!

God Bless Your Day.

Until next time (on time),
Liesa
 
Note:
Life By George friends,
I invite you to visit  http://kjvblogs.blogspot.com/  for some wonderful devotions by some great godly women.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Ah - was jumping over from KJV blog...and you have the post here as well:) Very smart! It really is tempting to make some very good excuses...even ones that sound very "christian"....but at the end of the day, they really are just excuses. Thanks for that reminder - at least, for me. I always enjoy your posts...on either blog!:)