Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother-Daughter Banquet 2009

Noelle and I attended the annual Mother-Daughter banquet with Scot's mother at New Union Friday night. We were very blessed in so many ways. The fellowship was a delight, the food was delicious, the tables were so creative and pretty, and the speakers were very encouraging.
The picture above is of the members of our family that attended. My niece Chrissy came, but she wasn't there when the pictures were taken. Seated from left to right: Scot's mother, Layla, Aunt Brinda. Standing left to right: Me, Noelle, Kim, and Lori.
I love this picture of Ma-Ma G. So happy!

One of the speakers, Mrs. Jan sat at the garden table with our family.
(Lori decorated this table. We all got to bring home a pretty petunia and book mark)

Melissa (left) decorated her table with cleaning supplies! She cleans the church. Everyone got a kick out of her creativity!

The 'bank' table!

The 'Spanish' table
(Linda gave me an avocado from the basket, I made guacamole with it!)

Mrs. Carolyn at the cake table. Mrs. Wilma made and decorated the cake.

And the winner was... Anna with her 'Roll Tide' table.

I didn't get a picture of all the tables. There was a 'nurse' theme table. I loved it.
Mrs. Carolyn decorated it with lots of neat things and each place she had a medicine bottle with the scripture from Proverbs about A merry heart doeth like a good medicine for the prescription label. There was also tables with 'Thomas Kincaid' theme, 'Lighthouse' theme, 'Ocean' theme, etc. Everyone did a terrific job decorating. We enjoyed a delicious meal of chicken tenders, BBQ, Cole slaw, potato salad, baked beans, and rolls. The dessert table was sinful! Lots of strawberry and chocolate desserts, yum!

Yes, this is the pastor's wife, Mrs. Tammy! I have finally met my twin kindred spirit! She is so much fun; a royal nut, in a good way of course!

Mrs. Tammy and her family love to camp. She decorated her table in a camping theme, and even sat up the tent (with cricket sounds) beside her table! Very neat.

4 comments:

Lois Christensen said...

Looks like so much fun!! I've so many themed tables this year! I love the cleaning one! Glad you had fun!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Love, love, love the Rollll Tide table. Makes me miss good ole' Alabama football:)

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Looks like you all had a great time. Glad you took pictures. I love looking at them!

BECKY said...

Hi Liesa, Mother/daughter things are just such a blessing! I love how creative everyone was with their tables!! Too fun!!

I also read your Mother's Day post, and I love that song you wrote! Those photos are just precious, too.

Love, hugs, and prayers, sweet friend!!
You're a blessing!
Becky