Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my Proverbs 31 Mother.
She deserves an arm-full of roses,
She's satisfied with a hand-full of weeds.
Just An Old Fashioned Momma
Walking the straight and narrow
Closer to God every day
That's the way it was back in the olden days
But now we're fanatics
If we raise our voice and hands
I'm just an old-fashioned momma
Heading for a better land.
I'm just an old-fashioned momma
Living in a modern world
Trying to lead the way
For my son and little girl.
I feel out of place
In this old sinful world
I'm just an old-fashioned momma
Living in a modern world.
Who you are and what you have's
Important these modern days.
Our worship is so organized
The Holy Spirit can't have His way.
I'm often asked my title
If I'm a career girl?
No, I'm an Old-fashioned momma
Living in a modern world.

(words and music; Liesa G. George)
What an honor, what a privilege;
Just to be called Mother.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

What a beautiful song Liesa! Did you sing it at church today?

I love the pictures today! Such a blessing to still have your mother with you. It's wonderful that you two have such a close relationship. I'm sure you and your daughter will carry on the "traditon". :)

Happy Mother's Day.

Marilyn