Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Final Day of Vacation 2010: Going Home

Sunday morning, we got up and dressed for church.
There was a car show in Pigeon Forge the weekend, but we had not had any trouble with heavy traffic, UNTIL Sunday morning. 
We saw many old cars....everywhere!
We finally made it to church for the preaching hour. From the time I said, "I see the church.", it took us 10 more minutes just to get to it.
We had skipped breakfast, so as soon as we got out of church, we headed to The Red Rooster Pancake House for breakfast/lunch.
True to their name, there were roosters everywhere!
And smack dab in the middle of the restaurant was this:  a tractor!
Good bye for now Smokey Mountains....you are beautiful!
Welcome back to Georgeville, the mountain of dirty laundry!

Home Sweet Home
by
George!

4 comments:

Diana Ferguson said...

I want to go to that area so badly!!!

Lois Christensen said...

I love that you went to church on your vacation! My father insisted that we did the same. One time the only church we could find was a Catholic church. My father still insisted that we go and it was such an eye-opening experience. My father said we could still worship and pray to the Lord.

We haven't been on a vacation for 2 years due to Phil's army schedule, but the last two times we stayed in a place that had a washer/dryer in our room, along with a kitchen so I could cook. Didn't mind cooking at all and I loved doing the laundry and coming home with it all clean and ready to be put away.

I'm sure your pile is gone by now!!!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Aww! LOVE Pigeon Forge! I went to Crown College in Knoxville and we often took trips there. My husband also interned at Freedom Baptist Church under Ed Parton(yes, Dolly's first cousin). It is very near that church. Up the hill at Huck Finn's Catfish. Have you ever eaten there? Yummy!
So glad that you got to get away! Hope you had a wonderful time:)

Roan said...

I enjoyed reading about your vacation.

My laundry room looks like that every day!!