Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How Does Your Garden Grow?!

My parents home.
Daddy built this house. I lived there from the age
of six until I got married at the age of 20.
My daddy's garden.
This picture was taken several weeks ago.
It's even prettier now.
I had planned to have a small garden this year, but
after we found out we would have to move, I knew
I couldn't have one. My daddy planted one for me
at his house. We are reaping from his hard work.
The size may not show on the picture, but
this cabbage was almost as big as a basketball.
It was wonderful cooked and shredded for cole slaw.

Beans, tomatoes, and squash.
Yum!

4 comments:

BECKY said...

Hi Gal!! I sure have missed you!! Are you all settled in yet?

This garden is awesome, and
it's so cool that he made one for you! What a blessing!! Do those purple beans taste any different? I'm always amazed by all the colorful veggies I have never seen before.

It's also really neat that your folks still live in the home you were raised in!!

Have a blessed day, friend!!
Love and hugs to you,
Becky

Roan said...

If you have too many tomatoes, I will be glad to help you eat them! Ha!

Liesa said...

BECKY,
THE PURPLE BEANS TURN GREEN WHEN COOKED. NOT SURE WHAT THEY ARE CALLED SPECIFICALLY. I'LL TRY TO REMEMBER TO ASK DADDY. THEY'RE GOOD!!!
I FRIED GREEN TOMATOES AND SOME SQUASH TODAY!! YUM.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

What a beautiful and CLEAN garden! Ours usually gets so grassy! And the fresh veggies look yummy! I see ya'll grow those purple beans too! That's the only kind we like any more. We started growing them when we first moved to this farm over 30 years ago because the rabbits kept eating up the green one and someone told us that they would leave the purple ones alone. And they did! Plus we just like the taste better!

I can see why you have been so busy lately! :)

Marilyn