Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Our Identity In Christ, Part 1


Friends, I don't know if I'm washing or hanging out lately. Life By George has been busy to say the least. Do any of you know where I can find another me? Lol. I will post about the ladies conference I spoke at Sat. in sections. That's the only way I can do it justice.

Saturday was a most beautiful day. When Noelle and I pulled up in the parking lot of the church, I looked at her and said, "I'm soooo glad I took my aspirin this morning, or I'd have a stroke right now!" There were boocoodles of cars in the parking lot and the church was huge! I love to sing in front of huge crowds, but speaking is different story. I have spoken at numerous ladies events, but never one this big. I honestly didn't realize it was such a "big" day! I even started questioning in my mind on whether I was REALLY suppose to be there to speak! Each guest was greeted at the door by a very nice lady who held the door open for everyone. We then registered, received our program for the day and a ticket to save for a drawing for door prizes at the end of the conference. I immediately found the ladies room. I went in and just caught my breath real good~found my dear friend Lisa in there as well! Lisa, Natalie, and Bethany attended the luncheon. They along with Noelle were my cheering section. Lisa said they were the Amen corner! My friend Pam filled me in on details and then I just sat and waited on my turn. The pastor's wife welcomed us and opened with prayer, a praise team sang several songs, and then, Pam introduced me! I started my time with a song to calm my nerves. I sang "When He Sees Me". That song calms me, yet lifts me at the same time. They gave me 45 minutes to do my thing. I took my cell phone up there with me so I could keep up with the time, but I was so nervous, I forgot what time I was suppose to stop! I don't think I went over though, because the rest of the day was on schedule. When I wear my glasses, I can't walk! I haven't gotten the hang of bifocals yet! So, I sang my song, then, went to the podium, put my glasses on, confessed that I couldn't see without them, but couldn't walk with them on, and forged ahead!

The theme for the day was "Finding Our Identity in Christ". Galatians 2:20 was the theme verse used that morning. I am crucified with Christ; nevertheless I live; ;yet not I, but Christ liveth in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. I love words. I told the ladies that I very seldom use large words, but nevertheless, I do love words. My study on the theme began with my Webster's dictionary. Identity = the state of being the same in qualities, substance, and nature. Identify = to recognize. Identification = evidence of identity. I talked about identity theft and identity crisis comparing the two with Satan stealing our identity in Christ little by little, and then, we end up with an identity crisis, which is a state of confusion and a time of danger. Sin is the result of identity theft and crisis in a Christian's life.

My identity in Christ began April 26, 1979, almost 30 years ago. That's the day I accepted Christ's great salvation. That's the day I was born again. We cannot be identified with Christ if we don't know Him; not just know about Him, but have a personal relationship with Him.

I also talked about the benefits of being God's child.
1. I'm a joint heir with Jesus
2. I have special permission to run to the throne room of God and throw myself at His feet.

In First Corinthians 15:31, Paul says "I die daily". Each day, we have to make the choice to die to self. We have to make the choice to say no to flesh and yes to Christ. When I get Liesa out of the way and yield myself to God...
I have a Burden-Bearer to lighten my load through life.
I have a Fortress to hide me from the enemy.
I have a Shield to protect me.
I have a Guide to lead me.
I have a Comforter to console me.
I have a Shepherd to take care of me.
I have a Lily in my valley.

Romans 12:1-2 tells us to present our bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is our reasonable service. We are not to be conformed to this world, we are to be transformed by the renewing of our mind, that we may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect, will of God.

3 comments:

Roan said...

I wish I could have been there. Thanks for sharing!

Paula said...

I was praying for you Saturday! Can't wait to read the rest. ;)

Lois Christensen said...

Wish I could have been there to hear this!! Sounds beautiful!!