Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I Know How Humpty Dumpty Felt


Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the King's horses, And all the King's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again!



I wrote my own little rhyme for my GREAT FALL.

Liesa-Liesa, going down the stairs,
In a big hurry, should be aware...
Missed a step and low and behold,
Down the steps, she tumbled and rolled.

Holding her camera in her hand,
To take a picture of a coyote and her little man.
Broke the camera, oh the shame,
She's bruised and battered, but not completely lame.

Pretty purples and black now color some body parts,
But the breaking of the camera is what broke her heart.
A lesson is learned in this painful fall~
Slow and steady helps one to stay on the wall.

It's ok to chuckle a bit.  It wasn't ok to chuckle Saturday night though!  I was going to the garage to take a picture of Cale and a coyote he had killed.  I was going pretty fast and I missed a step.  I thought I would NEVER reach the bottom.  I know it had to be a funny sight!  Just thinking about it now makes me laugh.  I was thinking "Will this ever end?"  My bottom was going ninety to nothing down the wooden steps and when I got to the bottom step, I did this little flip and landed on my knee and cheek. (Yes, as in my face!)  Noelle yelled for her daddy.  She said, "Mother, I thought you were dead, all I could see were legs, and you weren't moving!"  And even that brings a humorous image to my mind! lol.
I could hear Cale running through the basement to get to me.  He had deer blood all over him. He had been hunting and had killed a deer (and the coyote).  Scot and Noelle had flew down the steps and Scot had stepped over me to get to the bottom.  I was trying to sit up and I was leaning on Cale's leg and listening to Scot tell me NOT to lean on Cale's leg due to the blood, etc.   They helped me to sit on the bottom step and I was feeling of my cheek and panicking because I knew I had landed on it.  Y'all know by now how vain I am.  I finally got up and made it back upstairs where I realized I had broken my camera!!!  Tears started flowing!  I took Aleve before I went to bed hoping that it wouldn't take all the king's men to get me out of the bed Sunday morning.  I slept pretty well.  I wasn't too bad sore Sunday morning.  THEN, I saw the bruises!  Very colorful, I might say!  As the day went on Sunday, the soreness set in.  By yesterday morning, I was very sore.  I kept taking Aleve and tried to keep moving to get the soreness out.  I'm still colorful, but I feel much better today.   I decided to go ahead and share this with y'all and to just laugh about it.  I also want to say that I am very thankful that I am just bruised.  And I know I can get another camera, but I've just tried so hard to be frugal lately with Christmas coming up and so many extra expenses with having a Senior in school this year.  I guess the breaking of my camera just sort of busted my bubble, so to speak!  I seriously am very thankful that God was with me, as He always is.  And I'm thankful that I get kicks out of even what could be bad things.  Life is good!


This is the sign that we see on the way down the stairs to the basement.  (If you're not flying down them so fast that you can't read!)  I have not told my parents about my fall yet.  I am cooking for them for Thanksgiving.  If they knew I had been so sore this week, they would want us all just to eat out, so shhhhh....What Happens In The Man Cave Stays In the Man Cave.   

I'll post about Scot's ordeal with a pinched nerve next.  He said that we are falling apart together.  That's a good place to be falling apart if I am! :)


Here's the picture I had taken before my battery died.  That's why I went back upstairs.  I was getting new batteries to take more pictures.

5 comments:

Kathey, David, and Josh said...

We are so glad you are OK and did not have a head injury, broken neck, or bilateral femur fractures; did you break a nail? No, in all seriousness we are thankful that God was looking after you. Please, be careful, we only have one Liesa!

Lois Christensen said...

Glad you're okay!!!! How frightening for your daughter to find you like that. And I know the feeling of breaking your camera, I washed my accidentally in our washing machine 2 years ago. I was crushed as well!

Hope you and your hubby are feeling better soon!!!

Shane and Kristy Davis said...

Oh no! So glad that you are ok. Hope you feel better soon.

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I'm so sorry you had such a bad fall Liesa! God was certainly protecting you cause people have died falling down stairs! Hope you're beginning to feel better by now!

Marilyn

Julie said...

(this is Olivia)
I'm so sorry you fell! I also fell down the stairs recently. I was wearing high heels and tripped over a cat!