Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wednesday In The Word: Continue

Continue:
1. to go on after suspension or interruption
2. to go on or keep on, as in some course or action; extend
3. to last or endure
4. to remain in a particular state or capacity
5. to remain in a place; abide; stay
6. to go on with or persist in: to continue an action.
7. to carry on from the point of suspension or interruption:
8. to extend from one point to another in space; prolong.
9. to say in continuation.
10. to cause to last or endure; maintain or retain, as in a position.
11. to carry over, postpone, or adjourn; keep pending, as a legal proceeding.

I looked up the word "continue" on Dictionary.com http://dictionary.reference.com/
The above definitions are what I found for "continue" when used as a verb. I love verbs! Verbs are what we do, they are action words.

Have you ever started something and not followed through? I sure have. I have fizzled out many times in my life. Diet and exercise comes to mind! I start out strong and wimp out after a few days, sometimes after a few hours! Another thing I fizzled out on this year was reading the Bible through. I read it, but I failed to stay on the schedule that would lead me to the end result of reading the entire Bible in 2009.

What does God's Word tell us to CONTINUE in?

John 8:31-32, Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

John 15:9, As the Father hath loved me, so have I loved you: continue ye in my love.

Colossians 4:2, Continue in prayer, and watch in the same with thanksgiving;

Hebrews 13:1, Let brotherly love continue.

Those verses cheer us on! They tell us to:
KEEP ON READING GOD'S WORD!

KEEP ON LOVING GOD AND OTHERS!

KEEP ON PRAYING!

I want to be found continuing to do what's right according to the Bible. I want to be found continuing to stand firm on God's promises; continuing to tell others about the great Gospel of Jesus my Lord, and I want to continue being faithful to God, my family, and my church. This is not the time to let up, shut up, or give up! This is the time to stand up, pray up, and look up!

Carry on dear Christian soldiers; keep marching to the beat of the Gospel and let your light shine brighter than ever before! Continue until the end, abide in Christ, keep a prayer on your heart, keep on keeping on even when the road gets long, even when the road is rocky...continue to walk with Him.

http://kjvblogs.blogspot.com/ Go to KJV Blog Directory for some great posts!

No comments: